Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Springfield Armory XD 40 - first thoughts


Last year I received a CZ p40 for Fathers Day. It was a great little pistol, with only one down fall. No availability for magazines. So when a great deal came up on a Springfield Armory XD 40, I just couldn't pass it up. I traded the CZ in on the XD. Magazines are readily available on the shelf and it feels great in my hands. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find Heinie Straight 8 Slant Pro tritium night sights. Which I just happen to have on my PT1911 that I shoot uspsa meets with! It was a used gun, but it was still in the paper it comes in from the factory. All the fun bits were still there, two mags, mag holder, holster, and even the test round. There was evidence that it had been fired before. There were some marks on the feed ramp. Other then that however it looked brand new. After waiting out the rain for a week or so I finally got a chance to shoot it. It shot well. I didn't do anything spectacular with it, but I shot well. It will make a great backup to my 1911 at meets. Heck I might do double duty and shoot both one weekend at a meet.

No comments: