Friday, February 12, 2016

#6 - Ganna commuter.

This one came to me in a pretty unusual way.  Our club helped out with Recycle cycle event this last year.  This one came in and had a pair of bent up wheels.  Which usually means strip it and junk it.  I noticed that it had Campagnolo components on it.  I knew enough that it was old and Campy parts usually make it a little higher end.  So instead of junking the bike I put it in the back of the truck and took it home.  I've changed a few things on this ol' ride.  The cranks were shot so I put on new square taper cranks and got rid of the cotter key cranks.  I changed out the headset and got a new set of wheels for it.  I also put on some new brake pads, hoods for the brake levers, chain, cassette and bar tape.  Everything works great.  I've got a Chris King headset to put on it this year some time.  It's just a great bike.








No comments: