Monday, February 4, 2013

Feb 4th commute - Damn...

I was pretty dead set on riding this whole week.  Gas prices jumped 35cents here in town.  Just ridiculous.  The afternoon temperatures are going to be in the 50's all week.  Varying amounts of wind, but nothing super stupid.  It was a struggle to get to work today.  I'm tired.  The Super Bowl party filled me with things I really didn't need.  Hopefully it'll get easier thru the week.

Temp - 22/50 degrees
Wind - 7mph sustained/ 12mph gusts

Me:
Head - 5 OK (My Underarmor hat didn't want to fit inside my helmet.)
Hands - 5 OK (Again, Gloves were fine in the morning and too heavy in the afternoon)
Chest - 7 Good (The windstopper jacket I bought cheap at Cabela's is amazing.  I'm in awe of how well it works.)
Legs - 6 OK (Pants were too tight and felt like they were choking my legs at times)
Feet - 8 Good (Keen boots with bike socks)
Overall Physical feel - 2 (Ride more, Ride more, Ride more)

Bike ratings as follows.  One will mean total equipment failure.  Ten means it totally served it's purpose and I need to write more positive reviews on it.

Bike: Redline Monocog
Tires - 7(Stayed inflated)
Brakes  - 6(Little squeeky)
Drivetrain - 9(Single is good)
Overall/Other - 7

Total Score: 62

Things to change - Ride more, work out more, get to the gym

Things I noticed -  Diet, Diet, Diet.

No comments: