Monday, October 22, 2012

Oct - 22nd Commute

I've been off the bike for about two weeks.  I've barely touched a bike let alone thrown a leg over one.  I still cough like mad if I take a deep breath.  However after being around so many bike enthusiasts(Veloswap) this weekend, I was pretty pumped about giving the work commute a try.  Here's how it went....

Temp - 41degrees

Me:
Head - 9 ok but fine (Helmet and thin head sock)
Hands - 9 ok but functioning (New Columbia gloves)
Chest - 9 warm (Underarmor pullover)
Legs - 8 warm (jeans)
Feet - 7 ok I can feel my toes (keen boots/tall but thin biking socks)
Overall Physical feel - 7 (little gaspy on the climb)

Bike ratings as follows.  One will mean total equipment failure.  Ten means it totally served it's purpose and I need to write more positive reviews on it.

Bike: Redline Monocog
Tires - 5(front tire lost some air on the way up)
Brakes  - 7(chattery but fine)
Drivetrain - 6(BB needs replaced)
Overall/Other - 6(liking the Fubar less and less.  The angle of the bar just isn't right.)

Total Score: 73

Things to change - Change out FuBar?, More slime or better tire sealant, change BB.

Things I noticed -  I like the smell of pancakes much better then the smell of diesel exhaust.

No comments: