Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nov 13th Commute - getting chilly



Finally got out on a colder day.  I wimped out yesterday at 12 degree's.  Figured I needed to get out this morning.  I doubled up my jacket which was unneeded.  Just my windstopper would have been fine.  About half way thru the ride I could feel my fingertips getting cold.  The fingers still worked fine, just the first digit and a half were cold.  Overall a great ride up the hill.

Temp - 25 degrees

Me:
Head - 7 OK(Cool to start but once I warmed up it was fine.  Just a buff under helmet and another around my neck and up over my chin.)
Hands - 5 Cold(Finger tips got very cold about midway thru the ride.  Columbia omni-tech med weight gloves)
Chest - 6 Hot(I doubled up in fear of getting cold.  Windstopper jacket and UA light workout jacket.  Way too much.)
Legs - 7 fine (They were chilly until I warmed up)
Feet - 6 cold (Keen boots with med weight sock)
Overall Physical feel - 8 (Felt awesome to be riding)

Bike ratings as follows.  One will mean total equipment failure.  Ten means it totally served it's purpose and I need to write more positive reviews on it.

Bike: Redline Monocog
Tires - 8(Rear was a problem in the garage but sealed and stayed up all the way to work)
Brakes  - 6(squeeky but fine)
Drivetrain - 6(BB needs replaced)
Overall/Other - 7(Replaced the FuBar and went back to a std bar.  Need to move brake lever down a bit.  Put on a new seat and it still needs a bit of adjusting.  Nose is too low.)

Total Score: 66

Things to change - Adjust seat, change BB, look at other gloves.

Things I noticed -  There's a lot more snow and ice out there, then I thought last night.

No comments: