Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22nd Commute - The new ride



After the first few blocks you could feel it.  Maybe feel isn't the right word.  Sense it.  There was something different.  I thought long and hard how to discribe it on the way to work.  What was different.  Was it the bike?  Was it the weather?  Was it me?  Was it the 5mph tail wind?  The bike felt different and it should have.  The bike I was riding today was my new Yipsan steel 650b wheeled wonder.  I've started calling it spinner.  In reference to how the glittery panels on it look like the same glitter on a spinner bait.  The bike just rolled, dare I say flew up the hill this morning(again it could have all been the tail wind).  It functioned great and made the ride up totally worth it.  It should be noted that there's a winter storm warning out for tonight.  I say weather be damned.  Until your hear, I'll ride.  I've been fooled enough this season.

Temp - 28/45 degrees
Wind - 5mph sustained/ 15mph gusts

Me:
Head - 8 Good (Underarmor stocking cap and fleece buff)
Hands - 6 Good (Again, Gloves were fine in the morning and too heavy in the afternoon)
Chest - 6 Good (Can't wait to try out my upcoming Birthday present.  A jacket that won't be drenched by the time I get to work)
Legs - 6 Good (Fine)
Feet -5 OK (Cold toes)
Overall Physical feel - 8 (Not much wind and gears add up to a good ride.)

Bike ratings as follows.  One will mean total equipment failure.  Ten means it totally served it's purpose and I need to write more positive reviews on it.

Bike: Yipsan Spinner
Tires - 7(Stayed inflated)
Brakes  - 8(Not a word)
Drivetrain - 8(I really do like having gears)
Overall/Other - 9(really liking this bike)

Total Score: 63

Things to change - Bike set up.

Things I noticed -  I hate headwinds.

No comments: