Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March 6th Commute - Colder then expected.

I can tell that working out has been helping me.  I can feel a lot more power in my legs.  However I still felt like crap climbing the hill with a 15mph headwind.  Wow did that suck.  It's hard to determine what to wear.  The morning temp is 22° and the trip home in the afternoon is 55°.  I'm trying to keep in simple and not bring a change of clothes to work.

Temp - 22/48 degrees
Wind - 10mph sustained/ 15mph gusts

Me:
Head - 2 OK (Should have worn my neck wrap)
Hands - 6 Good (Again, Gloves were fine in the morning and too heavy in the afternoon)
Chest - 7 Good (Still in awe of the cheap windstopper jacket.  However it's one weakness is that it doesn't breath)
Legs - 6 Good (Fine)
Feet - 8 Good (Keen boots with Underarmour socks)
Overall Physical feel - 4 (Freaking headwind coming up the hill sucks!)

Bike ratings as follows.  One will mean total equipment failure.  Ten means it totally served it's purpose and I need to write more positive reviews on it.

Bike: Redline Monocog
Tires - 7(Stayed inflated)
Brakes  - 6(Little squeeky)
Drivetrain - 8(I've developed a click I need to take care of)
Overall/Other - 7

Total Score: 62

Things to change - Neck wrap for these temps.

Things I noticed -  I hate headwinds.

No comments: